St George’s is located in Anselm Avenue on the Mildenhall Estate, in the northern part of Bury St Edmunds. It is about a mile from the centre of town and was opened in 1951.
Our main Sunday service is at 9.30am. This is a Parish Communion, except on the fourth Sunday of the month, when there is a Family Service at 3pm. The church is open for Morning Prayer on Tuesdays at 8.30am and for Evening Prayer on Wednesdays at 5.30pm. Children are welcome to receive Holy Communion before confirmation, after proper preparation.
The church is an active supporter of Christian Aid and a number of other charities and is actively involved in local schools.
Next door to the church is The Anselm Centre, a newly built community centre serving the Mildenhall Estate. A wide range of activities and organisations meet here and the centre is also available for hire. Click here to contact us for details.